FAMILYTENNIS.COM (the “Site”)
Effective Date: July 1, 2013
1. How we gather information from users. How we collect and store information depends on the page or portion of the Site that you are visiting, the activities in which you elect to participate and the services provided. You can visit many pages on the Site without providing any information. Other pages may prompt you to provide information, such as when you register for access to portions of the Site, sign up for particular events or tournaments, request certain features or make a purchase.
We do not collect personally identifiable information through the Site unless that information is provided by you (to the Company and/or third parties affiliated with the Site) during registration for and/or utilization of certain features on the Site. Information required to participate in such features may vary but will typically include your first and last name; address; complete date of birth; and e-mail address; and, in the case of making purchases, a credit card number and expiration date. You may also be requested to provide a username and password for certain features.
Like most websites, the Site also collects information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider or use "cookie" technology. Among other things, the cookie may store your user name and password, sparing you from having to re-enter that information each time you visit, or may control the number of times you encounter a particular feature while visiting the Site. As we adopt and/or implement additional technology, we may also gather information through other means. In certain cases, you can choose not to provide us with information, for example by setting your browser to refuse to accept cookies, but doing so may limit your ability to access certain portions of the Site or may require you to re-enter your user name and password. Additionally we may not be able to customize the Site's features according to your preferences.
2. What we do with the information we collect. We will use your information only as permitted by law. Information that does not personally identify you (“Aggregated Information”) may be used in various ways. For example, we may combine information about your usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to learn which Site pages are visited most or what features of the Site are most attractive. Aggregated Information may be shared with our advertisers and business partners, but cannot be used to contact you individually. Furthermore, personally identifiable information may be provided as deemed necessary and appropriate by Company to facilities hosting events, fulfillment entities, affiliates, sponsors (sponsors will receive email addresses only) and other similar or dissimilar third parties.
As we continue to develop our business and grow, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information, including personally identifiable information, may be among the transferred assets. We may also disclose your information in response to a court order, at other times when we believe we are reasonably required to do so by law, in connection with the collection of amounts you may owe to us, and/or whenever we deem it appropriate or necessary to give such information to law enforcement authorities. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
3. Security of information. The Site has undertaken various security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under its control. We have and will continue to undertake physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information.
Only those employees and hired professionals (e.g., lawyers) needed to carry out requisite business functions will have access to information on individual Site users. Employees and hired professionals violating these privacy policies will be subject to disciplinary action.
4. Affiliated sites, linked sites and advertisements. The Site expects its partners, advertisers and third-party affiliates to respect the privacy of our users. However, third parties, including our partners, advertisers, affiliates and other content providers accessible through the Site, may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. For example, during your visit to the Site you may link to, or view as part of a frame on the Site, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Also, through the Site you may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, web sites, advertisements, features, contests or sweepstakes offered by other parties. The Site is not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on a feature or page operated by a third party.
• The only personal information that the Site will ever collect from children under 13 is email addresses. Children will never be asked to provide first and last names, home or physical addresses, online contact information, screens or user names that function as online contact information, telephone numbers, social security numbers, persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites or online services, any photograph/video/audio file where such contains a child’s image or voice, geolocation information sufficient to identify street name and name of a city or town, any other information that would enable anyone to identify a particular child, or any information concerning a child or the parents of that child that the operator collects online from the child and combines with an identifier described above;
• Email addresses provided directly by children will be used only for future emails containing information about the Site and its products;
• The Site will never disclose personal information collected from children to any third parties;
• The Site will take all reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of any information that may be collected from children, including by taking reasonable steps to release such information only to parties capable of maintaining its confidentiality and security;
• Parents of children have the option to consent to the collection and use of their child’s information without consenting to the disclosure of the information to third parties;
• The Site may not, and will not, require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity as a condition of participation;
• Children are instructed and strongly encouraged to tell their parents about any information that they have provided to this Site or any other site;
• Parents have the choice of consenting to the Site’s collection and internal use of their child’s personal information, but prohibiting the Site from disclosing the information to third parties (unless disclosure is integral to the Site or its services, in which case, this will be made clear to parents);
• Parents of children can review their child’s personal information, ask to have it deleted and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information. Should a parent elect this option, that parent can contact the Site at the address listed in Section 6 below; and
• The Site will retain personal information collected online from a child for only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and delete the information using reasonable measures to protect against its unauthorized access or use.
The previous notwithstanding, there may be times when it will be necessary for a parent or legal guardian to provide personally identifiable information about a child in order to enroll that child for an event or activity. In such instances, Company will undertake reasonable measures to ensure that no more information about a child is ever disclosed than is necessary and appropriate under the circumstances.
The Site will implement all “best practices” recommended by the Federal Trade Commission in it's A Guide for Business and Parents and Small Entity Compliance Guide (revised June 2013) as they relate to information collected before July 1, 2013.
6. Contacting us. We can be reached by contacting:
FAMILY TENNIS, LLC
4015 Wetherburn Way
Norcross, Georgia 30092
Telephone: (212) 683-3856
8. California Privacy Rights. Company is exempt from the provisions of California’s Civil Code Section 1798.83 pursuant to subsection (c)(1) as Company is a business with fewer than 20 full-time or part-time employees).
Copyright © 2013, FAMILY TENNIS, LLC. All rights reserved.