Divisions of Play
Local Tournament Format
Each local host must offer a minimum of three divisions with a minimum of 24 teams across all divisions. You can run all divisions at once or over several weeks. Local tournaments can begin as early as January and must be completed on or before June 30th in the Championship year. The tournament play format is up to the host facility (i.e. Round robin, single elimination, double elimination, Compass draw, etc.). However, we encourage double elimination to enhance player satisfaction. Match formats may also be determined by the local Host Facility.
Local Tournament Host Requirements
Register your tournament with the NFTC National Office via this online registration tool including date, time, location, divisions and format. Local Hosts must agree to:
- Participation and division requirements. The local hosts must promote tournament using approved marketing materials
- Must agree to schedule matches, staff and execute tournament
- Must confirm each Local tournament division team winner and submit results online
- Must distribute giveaways and awards
- Support national sponsors, where appropriate
- All non-competing sponsors must be pre-approved by the NFTC National Office
All players must register online at familytennis.com. The $65 entry fee per doubles team includes all processing fees.
- Tournament play is open to all levels
- USTA rankings are not applicable
- Age requirement: children must not turn 19 years of age prior to August 15, 2013 (Applicable to Parent/Child divisions)
- Brother/Sister and Husband/Wife divisions are open to all ages. There will be no age limitation in these divisions.
- A parent or legal guardian must play with a child in any parent/child division. Grandparents can play with their grandchild, they are the legal guardian.
- Players may participate in up to 2 different divisions per tournament
- Players can only advance to the nationals from one super regional playoff
Doubles teams are eligible for a refund if they withdraw prior to 14 days of their local tournament or due to tournament cancellation. In all cases, a $3 processing fees will be withheld.
Player Premiums and Awards
NFTC player givaways will be provided at all levels of play.
Divisional champion and runner-up awards will also be provided.
All qualifying teams will be invited to the National Championships to be held in New York. Each doubles team will be treated to complimentary stay (one room per team) featuring comfortable double room accommodations, daily breakfast and lunch, first class tennis facilities and more.