- How many courts do I need to host a local tournament?
- What type of court surface do I need to host a local tournament?
- Can I sell food and beverages at my local tournament?
- Can I have a local sponsor involved with my tournament?
- What happens if I have to reschedule my local tournament?
- What happens if I have to cancel my Local tournament?
- Do I need to know my local tournament date prior to signing up as Host Facility?
- Can I add, change, or cancel divisions to host at my tournament after I have signed up?
- Can I host multiple local tournaments?
- Can I host my local tournament at different locations?
- Can I host the tournament over multiple days?
- How many teams qualify for advancement from my local tournament?
- How do I promote my Local tournament?
- How many teams do I need to host a Local tournament?
- How can I make sure I recruit 24 teams?
- What if I dont have 24 teams signed up for my local tournament?
- What is the deadline for teams to sign up for my local tournament?
- Can I have registration the day of my local tournament?
- How do I process the entry fee if a team signs up on the day of my local tournament?
- Can my local tournament be members only or is it required to be open to the public?
- I forgot my log in and password. How do I find it?
- How many divisions do I need to host?
- What is the minimum number of teams per division?
- I have 24 teams, but only across 2 divisions. Can I still host a tournament?
- My club already has a family tournament. Can I use my existing tournament for NFTC winners as well?
- What are the responsibilities of my club as a Host Facility?
- What are the benefits of being a Host Facility?
- How much time will I need to host a local tournament?
- How do teams advance in the National Family Tennis Championships?
- Are there any age divisions?
- What is the youngest age a player can be to participate?
- What is provided in the Marketing Kit?
- When will I receive my Marketing Kit?
- What is provided in the Tournament Kit?
- When will I receive my Tournament Kit?
- Where will the Super Regional Playoffs be held?
- Can I use the NFTC logo on my website and facility promotional materials?
- When will I receive my portion of each team entry fee?
- If my local tournament is cancelled, do I need to send back the Tournament Kit?
- When should I host my Local tournament?
- What are the rules for substitutions?
» Tournament Hosts
- Register your tournament with the NFTC National office
- Agree to participation and division requirements
- Promote tournament using approved marketing materials
- Schedule matches, execute tournament and submit scores
- Distribute giveaways and awards
- Support national sponsors, where appropriate
- Welcome Letter
- Promotional Posters
- Sample Tournament Email Blast (provided via email from the NFTC HQ)
- NFTC Banner
- NFTC Counter Table Card
- NFTC Tournament Folder, including Rules & Regulations, Checklist, etc…
- NFTC Player Bag Tag
- Tennis Balls
- Division Champion and Runner-Up Awards
Yes. You can host multiple tournaments at the same site or different sites. Each local tournament will need to be registered separately and meet the minimum requirements of 3 divisions of play and 24 total teams.
Each host site is expected to recruit a minimum of 24 teams across at least three divisions. For example:
Husband & Wife: 12 Teams
Father & Son: 4 Teams
Mother & Daughter: 6 Teams
Total: 24 Teams
Start your promotion 4 to 6 weeks prior to your local tournament using the marketing materials provided. The NFTC team will also be promoting the tournament through national media and social media efforts.
NFTC will contact you 21 days prior to your scheduled event to check your progress and offer assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us (email@example.com) prior to this time.
Yes. However, at this early stage of promoting your tournament, we ask that you offer play in at least 3 divisions. Our goal is to have strong representation across the US in all divisions of play.
No. Play in all divisions is “Open.” However, “sons,” “daughters, cannot be 19 prior to August 15, 2013. Note: There is no age limitation in the Brother/Sister and Husband/Wife divisions. In these divisions, only, the play is completely open to all ages.